When in Colorado
I'm really excited to share all of my favorite and most enjoyable perks of living in Denver, CO.
A woman that I follow on Insta recently asked if I would be writing about Colorado soon, as she is coming to visit! I thought of course! I always have friends coming through and I willingly give them so many of our favorite restaurants, places to check out, everything. I often get told "You're really passionate and excited about Colorado." And I've replied "Well, yea! We seriously LOVE living here!" We moved here in November 2014. We have no plans to move back to Texas, but you never really know right? Since we've been here we lived in LoDo (Lower Downtown) and we currently live in Erie when we had our son. We've done so many things, but there is still so much more we experience regularly.
MY Favorite spots I've found and enjoyed!
Where to Eat
- Beau Jos Pizza in Idaho Springs- Colorado Style Pizza at the absolute best! Order any style pizza but get mountain crust and dip the crust in honey. There are many of these around the metro area but I highly suggest visiting the original location and enjoy the shops and breweries on the main street.
- Georgia Boys BBQ in Fredrick- This is the BEST BBQ place we have found! (Not open on Mondays) order the brisket fries as an appetizer and of course don't forget the sweet tea.
- Blue Sushi Downtown on 16th St.- This place was our favorite sushi place in Texas, and we were lucky to find one in downtown Denver! Order the crab rangoon for an appetizer, Hotel Cali roll and the Crunchy red. (Every Sunday is all day Happy Hour)
- Marg's Taco Bistro on Wynkoop- You can not go wrong with any of the street tacos. I've had them all and they're all so delicious. My go-to margarita is the Vanilla-Coconut. SOOOO yummy!
- Corridor 44 on Larimer- Denver's only Champagne bar in an intimate setting. Perfect spot for a date night.
- Milk Market at the Dairy Block- an all-local, mix of take-away and dine-in restaurants and bars run by Colorado chef Frank Bonanno.
- Stanley Marketplace in Aurora- An old airplane hanger now houses local restaurants, bars, breweries, shops and businesses.
- Deep Roots Winery and Bistro- Wine made in house with delicious food pairings. Events happen regularly
Neighborhoods & Cities
- The Highlands- Little Man Ice Cream, Linger, Ale House at Amato's, Sloan's Lake, Denver Beer Trail
- Cherry Creek- Cherry Creek Mall, Restoration Hardware Flagship Store, Upscale Shopping, Elway's restaurant and Kona Grill
- Vail- Scenic Gondola, Betty Ford Park, Summer Tubing, and hiking
- Colorado Springs- Garden of the Gods, Manitou Incline, and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
- South Broadway- Punch Bowl Social, Mayan Theatre, Beatrice & Woodsley Restaurant, and boutique shopping
- Estes Park- Stanley Hotel,
- Larimer Square- boutique shopping, lights cover the street and great restaurants.
- LoDo- (Lower Downtown) Coors Field, Dairy Block, Union Station, 16th Street mall, and so much more
- RiNo- (River North Arts District) Graffiti alleys, Central Market, bars, restaurants, boutique shopping.
- Golden/Morrison- Lions Park, Coors Brewery, Main Street shopping, tube down Clear Creek, Lookout Mountain, Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Breckenridge- Peak 8 Base Camp, Breckenridge Brewery, Alpine Camp, Unique shops on Main Street
- Street Art- RiNo, Santa Fe Arts District, Chalk Art Festival
- Hiking- Top 5: Thunder Lake, Hanging Lake, Saint Mary's Glacier, Mount Falcon Castle Trail & Emerald Lake trail
- Camping: Top 5: Red Feather Lakes, Twin Lakes, Teal Campground, Chambers Lake, & Horsetooth Reservoir
- Music Festivals- Concerts at Red Rocks
- Taste of Colorado- music, food, drinks on Labor Day weekend. September 1-3 Free Admission
- Dining Al Fresco- (Denver) Eat on the streets of Larimer Square
- Chalk Art Festival- (Denver) Artists take over the street and draw art work with chalk
- Great American Beer Festival- Denver Breweries from all over come to this one event
- Bluegrass Festival- (Telluride) Enjoy Bluegrass Music
- Colorado State Fair- (Pueblo) Rides, games and lots to eat!
- Georgetown Loop Railroad Always running and hosting different events for the seasons
- Wine Festival- (Manitou Springs) Need I say more!?
- Hot Air Balloon Rodeo- (SteamBoat Springs) Hot air balloons take off and light up in the evenings
- Underground Music Showcase- (Denver) Music from new artists
There is ALWAYS somewhere to go visit, hike, camp, bike, white water raft, shop, eat, drink, listen to music, see a show, or a movie. I could go on and on and on. If you have a favorite place you've visited, ate, drank whatever that you'd like to add please leave it in the comments!!
Happy Thursday Babes!
With Kindness and Love, Kenzie